Maps of Pelican Pointe
Diagrams of Buildings’ Water Meter Outlets
It is important that you know the location of your water meter pit. There is a significant length of pipe in your crawlspace ahead of the main shutoff valve. It is improbable that you will have a leak in this section. But if you do, the only method to stop it is to shut off the valve in the water meter pit. Your choice is to:
- Have Denver Water send someone out
- Call a Plumber
- Have the tools to turn it off yourself
These tools are readily available on Amazon.com. You will need a 5-point 13/16″ socket and a long handled water meter pit wrench.
If you choose to do it yourself:
- Use a 5-point socket wrench to release the cover.
- Carefully lift the cover and set it to one side.
- There is a wire from the register unit in the pit to the transponder in the cover. Be careful to not damage this wire.
- Just inside the pit is a plastic litter catcher. Lift this out and set aside. Approximately 3 feet down is the meter and the shutoff valve.
To see where the pits are located, please see the maps below: